OK so I'm going to brag for just a bit. These are photos of my trip to Ohio for a best of the best awards night. My store was number one out of six hundred stores that includes the in line stores and kiosks, not bad for someone that has been with the company for a little less than two years. They flew my to Ohio picked me up with a limo service, and put me up in the Hilton. What a great few days. I think the best part of the trip was coming to a realization that I really have changed for the better in all aspects of my life. As all of you know I have been working hard on becoming a better person,
and it helped me to realize just how much I've changed when my director kept bragging to everybody about how amazing I am and what a dramatic change I have made over the last year not only professionally but personally as well. She came and gave me a hug and told me how proud she was of me. She said she was so pleased that I had the self confidence to go and meet with people I've never met and not have to wait for her to lead me around. That made me think-I have changed a year ago I wouldn't have been able to leave my room without having an anxiety attack about not having someone to go with. I would not have been able to enter a room full of people I didn't know all by myself. Wow, what a change, and so liberating. While I was
there at one of our meetings the company did a presentation and part of that presentation was about eagles. How eagles can live to be 70 years old, but only if they are willing to go through a long and painful transformation because their beaks and claws and feathers all have to fall out and grow back. They can choose to go through this transformation or die because they wouldn't be able to hunt or fly anymore without that transformation. It put me in tears. I could understand the decision these beautiful birds have to make (live or die, but to live you must go through some pain). I believe I have lived through some pain and chose to live, but I had to take time to change. I had to believe I could change and leave some of my old burdens behind. I had to realize that the pain we go through in this life helps us to live a better and happier life. We grow stronger as we go through transformations, we become better. Sometimes it means we lose things we love, things we think we can't live without, people that we thought were holding us up when they really were pulling us down. That's pain, losing people we care about. It's not easy to rip out old ideas we have of ourselves and replace them with true and uplifting ideas. It take a long time and effort to change, and it is a never ending process, but it is a worthwhile process. As for me I am so thankful to have family and friends who have stood by me and believed in me when I didn't believe in myself for so long. I am thankful for a husband who loves me unconditionally and loves the me I'm becoming. I am thankful for the pain. I am thankful to be alive! May God bless all of you in your endeavors to become who you want to be and who He knows you can be, for we are all His children and have endless potential.
Congratulations on your award & accomplishments! That's a great analogy about the eagle. I've never heard of that before. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are becoming! :0) It was so nice that you could share you accomplishments with all of us at "Girls Night". I think your GREAT!! Love you!!
ReplyDelete