I'm not the best blogger, in fact I've never tried, but I thought I'd try to blog about my weightloss journey and see if maybe it might help. Anyway, This journey isn't just about weightloss it's about a journey to a healthy and happy life. This journey actually started about a year ago when I hit 200 lbs and said enough was enough. I am now down to 162 lbs and working on reaching my goal of 125 lbs. It will take a while, but with the support of family and friends I believe I can do it.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Daily food Journal
I have come to realize a daily food Journal is very important in my journey to success. Many people think that being overweight means that you can't help but over eat. That is wrong. My body has been in starvation mode for years. I have a hard time even getting 1200 calories in a day unless I keep excellent track of what I eat and force myself to eat enough. Yes I said force myself. I don't think about food so at the end of the day I come home from work and realize I've forgotten to eat lunch and a lot of times it's really late for dinner. Anyway, now I keep a close eye on myself to make sure I eat. I still need to figure out how to remind myself to eat at work maybe I need to set an alarm for every two hours to remind myself to have a healthy snack and to eat lunch. I'll figure it out, but for anyone who wants to keep track of their day the website I use is www.myfitnesspal.com. It's awesome and helps you keep track of your diet and excersize. Maybe this will help someone else out too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amanda, I have great faith that you can do anything you really set your mind to! I'm cheering for you every day!!
ReplyDeleteAmanda, I just now got on your blog. I had noticed that you were running from your facebook, and was impressed because I hate to run. I am so excited for you that you have lost what you have!! That's about 40 pounds! What an accomplishment! It's so hard to loose the pounds! I am feeling it as well, now that I've had my baby, and it's time for me to be hitting the diet mode--again. Exercise I can do, if the kids will let me, but dieting is so hard! Chocolate is so desirable!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for going running with me tonight. I feel so much better now. I just saw your picture on your good reads profile and wow what a difference! If you have a hard time seeing the change take a new picture and compare side by side. You look so much happier and healthier now! I'm proud of your progress and I look forward to joining you on your journey... I need it too! Thanks for the introduction to myfitnesspal, I love it! I love you!
ReplyDeleteI paid a personal trainer a while ago for his services and he set me up with a food plan. I could not believe how hard it was to eat that much!! And it was only 1800 calories. It finally got to where I told him I was too full all of the time and we cut out a snack, but really?? It was wild to realize that I was on starvation mode also. Good luck sister, I am rooting for you.
ReplyDelete